The City of Columbia in partnership with the Greater Columbia Chamber of Commerce is currently seeking nominations for the re-launch of the Business Spotlight Program. The goal of this program is to highlight and commemorate the accomplishments of exceptional local businesses. Each quarter a Spotlight honoree will be selected for their achievements in growth of sales or employees, longevity, diversity, community contributions, innovations in products/services or a combination of these categories.
Businesses who are selected for the award will receive a variety of marketing and public relations opportunities including:
- Promoted on the City’s website and email blasts
- A signed proclamation from City Council
- A complementary one year membership to the Greater Columbia Chamber of Commerce
- Invited to participate in a variety of networking opportunities.
- Three months of advertising space on the 1300 block of Main Street plus display space in the City’s Office of Economic Development window in the Capital Center
- A 30-60 second commercial which will be featured on the City’s Economic Development website
Businesses eligible for recognition through the Business Spotlight Program should be located within the City of Columbia. In addition, applicants should also be privately owned with a minimum of two consecutive years of operation. All applicants should be in good standing with the Secretary of State’s Office, the Better Business Bureau, and be current on their City/County taxes, business license and water/sewer fees.
Voting for the next quarter’s honoree will begin in two weeks so interested businesses are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. To nominate a business please contact Ryan Coleman at 803 734 2732, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.columbiasc.net
Find more information here.