Join the Greater Columbia Chamber of Commerce in accepting the 2012 Midlands Green Business Challenge. The purpose of the challenge is to encourage Midlands businesses to work toward achieving sustainability goals.
The FREE Challenge, which runs through August, is open to all Midlands businesses, non-profits and other workplaces. All participating organizations will receive a certificate at the end of the challenge and will be recognized at the 2012 Green is Good for Business Conference.
A regional governmental partnership among the City of Columbia, Lexington County and Richland County, the challenge requires participants to select four of six sustainability goals and complete them by Aug. 15.
Businesses that meet and exceed their goals will be in the running for Challenge awards, including a grand prize package that includes:
- Four tickets, exhibit space and special recognition at the 2012 Green is Good for Business Conference (September 18, Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center)
- Four tickets to the Lexington County Industry Appreciation Golf Tournament
- $200 Office Depot Gift Card
- Recognition in the Columbia Regional Business Report
Other exciting prizes are expected to be announced throughout the Challenge.
The Greater Columbia Chamber of Commerce is a partner and sponsor for the Midlands Green Business Challenge along with:
- Lexington County Green Business Program
- City of Columbia Green Business Program
- Richland County
- The Greater Columbia Chamber of Commerce
- S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control
- S.C. Energy Office
- Keep the Midlands Beautiful
For more information about the challenge or to register visit http://www.midlandsgreenbizchallenge.com