The Greater Columbia Chamber of Commerce hiring a new events manager. The description of the position and qualifications are below. Applications will be accepted through February 8 and should be sent to email@example.com.
The Events Manager is responsible for planning and organizing events sponsored or managed by the Greater Columbia Chamber of Commerce. The candidate should be an experienced individual who promotes a positive customer service demeanor, displays highly effective organizational skills, and works well within a team. The individual must demonstrate initiative, and flexibility to manage and support numerous Chamber events.
The Event Manager will work with Chamber Staff to simultaneously manage multiple events in a dynamic environment. Event coordination will include annual Chamber Signature Events (Golf Tournament (300 golfers), Annual Auction & Gala (1200 participants), Teacher Recognition and future designated events, as well as recurring monthly events and special events.
The Event Manager must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work evenings and weekends as dictated by the schedule.
The Event Manager should have a passion for event management, provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional, and be able to build relationships with internal and external customers.
The position reports to the Senior Vice President, Administration.
Event Planning and Production duties:
- Negotiate event contracts at appropriate venue, book outside event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, make travel arrangements, coordinate event information material, and ensure appropriate décor (floral, linens, color schemes, etc.) to meet the quality expectations of the association.
- Prepare invitations, rsvp list, invoicing, program script, etc. for each event.
- Coordinate marketing campaigns for each event by working in tandem with the Chamber’s marketing and communications team.
- Gather and catalogue information on each event.
- Conduct research, make site visits, and find resources necessary in the decision process.
- Create and/or revise room layouts.
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean up for events as necessary.
- Prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
- Close out all events as required.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Other duties as assigned.
Event Administration duties:
- Prepare budgets and provide periodic progress reports for each event.
- Track event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting. Adhere to approved budgets with regard to revenue expectations and spending.
- Prepare and modify event contracts as required.
- Coordinate appointments and visits from outside parties considering Chamber meeting space for events and manage internal space use calendar.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments and coordinate staff and volunteers as needed.
- Ability to accomplish projects on time, within budget, and with little supervision.
- Maintain exemplary customer service ethic and display high expectations for quality.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; significant work experience can substitute for the degree.
- At least 5 years experience coordinating special events.
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, as well as mail merges; email and web searches; database management and social technology. Must also have ability to master typical chamber of commerce software specific programs.
- $30,000 – $42,000
Applications will be accepted through February 8, 2013 and may be submitted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.