Ike will continue his efforts with the Chamber in working with our local military installations to make this region the most Military Friendly Community in America.
Some notable highlights from Ike’s career include:
- In 1994, he took over a struggling Chamber that was $3.8 million in debt and made it financially sound.
- Was instrumental in Midlands’ military installations not only avoiding cuts in the 2005 round of base closing, but gaining missions.
- Helped unite the region’s business communities with the 11-county Midstate Chambers Coalition after the area failed to land Southwest Airlines.
- Has been a leader in the Chamber’s efforts to establish a strong-mayor form of government here in Columbia.
- Has been a strong advocate for making Columbia and Richland County more business-friendly
- Has backed the city and state’s efforts to build a knowledge-based economy
- Has led efforts to tackle homelessness in the city
To read the full story published in The State Newspaper, click here.
The Chamber’s Board of Directors chaired by Holt Chetwood, Midlands Market President, Wells Fargo will lead the effort to identify new chamber leadership with broad input from the community.
Please join us in recognizing Ike for his indelible mark on our Chamber organization and for his continued service to our community at large. We will celebrate these achievements at our Annual Gala tomorrow night at the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center.
Thank you for your continued support of the Greater Columbia Chamber of Commerce.