Columbia Chamber Job Posting
Position: Membership Sales & Retention Account Executive
Reports to: COO or designee
Summary: The position is responsible for the sale and renewal of memberships and other chamber products to businesses by communicating the value proposition of chamber membership. Provides detailed information on various programs and orients the client to member services and chamber’s advertising vehicles and opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education:
- Self-starter with a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Previous sales experience required.
- Must have and maintain a dependable vehicle.
- Minimum high school diploma.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database programs in a Windows environment.
- Ability to prospect and “cold-call” on new businesses and to upgrade and sell major accounts.
- Actively support and participate in chamber activities and functions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high-accountability environment.
- Professional demeanor and presentation of self with outgoing personality.
- Contacts, presents, and sells prospects new and renewing chamber memberships.
- Cultivates and incubates prospects through the sales cycle.
- Solicits members utilizing available resources such as: phone, personal contact, member lead forms, as well as Chamber generated leads.
- Collects initial investments and fees for membership dues.
- Performs administrative duties associated with sales and servicing of members.
- Supports advertisers through advertising planning assistance and generates advertising sales through the notification of advertising opportunities.
- Provides input in the preparation of membership and advertising materials and reports.
- Achieves budgeted revenue goals, monthly and annually.
- Generates cold calls by actively seeking new business and following up appropriately.
- Maintains knowledge of goals, objectives features and services of chamber membership.
- Stays informed about member benefits, chamber events and functions.
- Upgrades new and current members to appropriate levels of membership.
- Works assigned renewal accounts and targeted major accounts and submits reports in a timely manner.
- Assists member clients to make full use of chamber benefits and programs and encourages participation and retention.
- Attends sales meetings and improves and enriches selling skills and techniques.
- Performs other responsibilities or special projects as assigned.
- Compensation will be a mix of base salary commensurate with experience and commission
- Current Chamber benefits apply
Application will be accepted through March 31, 2015 and may be submitted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.